Thursday, May 03, 2012

Huffington Post Column on May Day, Occupy LA and Historic Downtown Los Angeles


Brady Westwater

GET UPDATES FROM BRADY WESTWATER

Occupy L.A. Meets Small Town Downtown Los Angeles on May Day

Posted: 05/03/12 12:42 PM ET

After an early morning with no emergency vehicle sirens or overhead helicopters, I realized I didn't know when or where the planned Occupy L.A. May Day demonstrations were taking place. So I walked up Spring past Broadway -- where the sidewalks were packed and the store were all open until I reached Hill and saw a few police and fire vehicles.
I then walked south on Hill until I saw more police cars and a couple jewelry stores that were beginning to take their stock out of their windows. But until I hit 7th, almost all the stores were still open and the sidewalks all crowded with shoppers. It was just another typical weekday morning in Historic Downtown LA -- with just one exception.

No comments: