Thursday, October 07, 2010

Why is Law and Order: Los Angeles So Bad It's Unwatchable?

As a fan of all the New York based Law and Order series - and I have seen every episode of every series multiple times - I can not understand why the LA based series is  badly written, indifferently directed and horrendously miscast.

The first episode was so weak, I couldn't even stay interested long enough to follow the story and second episode was so badly written, once the last wildly improbable words were spoken - I deleted the series from my Hulu queue.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree! Tx u 4 post! L&O LA is horrible. What happened?!

Brady Westwater said...

Bloomberg must have spiked the writer's room water color.

Anonymous said...

God, you're reading my Mind, worst written show ever. What's wrong with Dick Wolf?

Brady Westwater said...

Ironically, I am now catching up with the episodes on Hulu and show is getting better. The 'Harbor City' episode was a bit over the top, but it was the first one that was even watchable and then the 'Sylmar' episode about homegrown Islamic terrorists had enough twists and turns to be not just watchable but both engaging and suspenseful.

Christy said...

I totally agree. I was just watching a commercial for it and decided to google "why is law and order los angeles so terrible?" and your blog post popped up. I cant understand how they can fail so badly on a series of shows that has otherwise been a huge hit. Terrible!