Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Chris Penn Dead At Age Forty.

My memories of Chris Penn are of a big-hearted goofy teenage kid running around Point Dume, annoying my kid sister on the school bus and, later, starring in Footloose. Yet, I couldn't even recognize the face on tonight's news. Even now, it seems impossible he had somehow reached forty years of age, much less that he has passed away at such an early age.

My condolences to the entire Penn family.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-penn25jan25,0,1859092.story?coll=la-home-headlines&track=morenews

UPDATE

Now ALL reports say Chris Penn was 40 when he passed away. Last night many articles said he was 43 as opposed to the 40 I originally quoted and the LAT still had both ages at the same time at different places on its website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you close friends with Chris? I would love to chat with you and get to know more about you and the man behind that smile we knew as Chris Penn: Missblueyes1977@aol.com