Wednesday, January 18, 2006

CityBeat Lands Former LAT Theater Critic Don Shirley!

This is great news both for the rapidly improving CITYBEAT - and for all LA theater lovers. Below is Don's email:


I recently accepted a buyout offered by the Tribune company to its L.A. Times editorial staff. Yesterday was my last day at the Times.

Beginning next week, I’ll write a weekly theater column for Los Angeles CityBeat/ValleyBeat, the alternative newspaper and web site now in its third year, with a circulation of 100,000 throughout the L.A. area and in some adjacent counties. CityBeat currently has no regular theater coverage, so I’m excited to open a new weekly arena for discussion of Southern California theater. Besides the column, I’ll also contribute brief capsule reviews to the theater listings.

No comments: