Los Angeles Neighborhood Councils Congress
Saturday May 19th, 2007
DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN NORMAL!!!
LOS ANGELES CITY COLLEGE
855 N. Vermont
Room 105 Holmes Hall - just west of Alliance’s meeting place
One-half block south of Vermont/Santa Monica Blvd. Red Line Station
Parking is across Vermont from LACC. Coming north or south on the 101 (Hollywood) Freeway, exit onto VERMONT. Turn NORTH to MARATHON ST. Turn EAST onto MARATHON, then NORTH into the lot. http://www.allncs.org/meetings.htm & Holmes Hall is due left of the faculty lounge as shown on the map.
1. Call to order and roll call.
2. Approval of the minutes
3. Public Comment (2 minutes per speaker on non-agenda items)
4. Reports from board members/Neighborhood Council including responses to Tarzana asking that Neighborhood Councils be granted the right of appeal on planning and zoning matters and the San Pedro request that a citywide transportation plan to be developed in consultation with the NC’s.
5. Report from Luciana Dar on status of UNCOLA – the support group for LANCC – and a request for donations to cover the costs of establishing the non-profit.
6. Discussion on how NC’s and LANCC can work with the new school board on issues affecting our communities starting with a reconsideration of controversial new school sites in areas such as Echo Park, Granada Hills and Van Nuys. Possible action item.
7. Report from DWP committee on status of the new MOU, other DWP issues and presenting a motion to ask NC’s to ask their city attorney representative about the legality of approving hiring a water trunk line crew at a recent board meeting without any public notice or any public comment and without notifying the public there was a financial impact caused by this motion.
8. Discussion on brush fire dangers within the City of Los Angeles and creation of an ad hoc committee to study recommendations including, but not limited to, the emergency replacement of wood shake roofs in fire prone neighborhoods. Possible action item.
9. Presentation by Jacque Lamishaw on LANCC participation in Los Angeles Home Show possibly starting with the June 1st – 3rd event.
10. Report from Charlotte Laws of the Animal Welfare Committee and their motion to support bill on spaying and neutering animals that is before the state legislature, AB 1634.
11. Discussion led by Greg Nelson on DONE’s May 23rd meeting to start to organize the next DONE Congress.
12. Nomination of Dede Audet to head Homelessness Committee.
13. Creating ad hoc committee taxation and revenue committee to study impacts and solutions for possible loss of revenue from recent court decisions on the DWP water transfer fee, the cell phone tax and other related issues.
14. Creating focus groups to work with Rob Barrett of the LA Times on developing community input on the redesign of the LA Times website and creating a focus group to help design a template for NC websites.
15. Report on past DONE Congress & LANCC’s participation.
16. Other committee reports and discussion of committee structure.
17. Formation of any new committees.
18. Public Comment
19. Future Agenda Items
NEXT LANCC Senate Meeting: Saturday June 2nd 10 AM