Los Angeles Neighborhood Councils Congress
Senate AMENDED Agenda
#4b added; #12 modified
Saturday June 2nd, 2007
DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN NORMAL!!!
Hollywood City Hall at 6501 Fountain Avenue (between Wilcox and Cole; West of Cahuenga.
Limited free parking is available in the lot behind the building or on the
LANCC Board Meeting will be followed by DONE meeting at 12:30 – 3:00 PM on how the NC’s can help organize the next Congress of Neighborhoods this fall.
1. Call to order and roll call.
2. Approval of the minutes
3. Public Comment (2 minutes per speaker on non-agenda items)
4a. Reports from board members/Neighborhood Council motions including responses to asking that Neighborhood Councils be granted the right of appeal on planning and zoning matters and the request that a citywide transportation plan to be developed in consultation with the NC's.
4b. Presentation by Kai Stansberry on the United Way/PATH Homeless Initiative and how NC’s can become involved in dealing with this issue.
5. Discussion on how NC's and LANCC can work with the new school board on issues affecting our communities starting with a reconsideration of controversial new school sites in areas such as Echo Park, Winnetka, Granada Hills and Van Nuys. Possible action item.
6. Report from DWP committee on status of the new MOU, other DWP issues and budget meeting with DWP.
7. Reports from any other committees/creation of any new committees.
8. Creating focus groups to work with Rob Barrett of the LA Times on developing community input on the redesign of the LA Times website and creating a focus group to help design a template for NC websites.
9. Report from UNCOLA – United Neighborhood Councils of Los Angeles – a 501 c3 formed to support the efforts of NC’s and LANCC and a request for donations to cover incorporation costs.
10. Presentation by LANCC Restructuring Committee by Ken Draper and Greg Nelson. Possible action item.
11. Open nominations for LANCC officer elections at the July 7th meeting and review of nominating and voting process.
12. Discussion of LANCC participation in the planning process of the next citywide Congress of Neighborhoods and the possibility of LANCC holding quarterly citywide meetings on specific issues at the Convention Center in conjunction with the Home Show with DONE’s assistance. Discussion on city attorney’s letter saying that NC’s can plan and run Congress of Neighborhoods with DONE providing the financial assistance
13. Public Comment
14. Future Agenda Items
FOLLOWING LANCC MEETING AT 12:30, DONE WILL HOST A PLANNING MEETING FOR THE FALL 2007 CONGRESS OF NEIGHBORHOODS
Next LANCC Meeting will be Saturday July 7th at 10 AM.