Friday, July 08, 2005

LA Times Gives LA Cowboy Massive Heart Attack!!

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-et-cooley9jul09,0,3234065.story?coll=la-home-headlines&track=hppromobox

Well... OK.... so maybe it wasn't exactly all that massive.

And, well... maybe it wasn't exactly quite a heart attack.

But... after this poor ole cowboy had just gotten back to his lair after doing fifty (that's... 50) laps in the pool at Bally's Hollywood - to then force him to run ten blocks, including up to the very top of Bunker Hill... for nothing.... well... his poor ole heart was sure thumpin' somethin' awful. See below:

Swing time The Lucky Stars, one of L.A.'s leading western swing bands, continues to uphold Spade Cooley's musical tradition, playing shows throughout July: 7-10 p.m. Friday at the Music Center, 135 N. Grand Ave., L.A., free. (213) 972-3660 7-9:30 p.m. July 29 the Farmers Market, 6333 W. 3rd St., L.A., free. More info: theluckystars.com 8:30 p.m. July 31 at the Derby, 4500 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Feliz, $15. (323) 663-8979

I mean... free cowboy swing - like, how could this cowboy miss that? Especially... the free part. But after crawling back to my den, I then looked that at the Lucky Stars' website - and it turned out that it was not THIS Friday as the Times clearly implied (liars!) but - NEXT Friday, July 15th.

I might add that when I clicked on the Music Center link (prior to starting my marathon run) all it gave me was... the Music Center... and nothing about this free (and did I yet mention this event is... free?) event.

But at least all you cowgirls will know where this cowboy will be next Friday night beteeen 7 and 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No matter how depressed I can get, I can always depend on you to make me laugh.