Wednesday, July 20, 2005

LA Times to Los Angeles - DROP DEAD!

Any hope of the LA Times making even the smallest effort to connect with the citizens of Los Angeles vanished today when New York Times clone Dean Baquet was made Editor. The enemy has won. The voices of this city have been silenced forever by out-of-towners who know nothing about this city - and care even less.

All we can do now is wait the for the once proud paper to die the slow, agonizing death it so justly deserves. So if you have not yet stopped your subscription - or canceled your ads, now is the time to do so. It is the least we can all do to show a little pride in our city.

(Cowboy Correction! I had mistakenly typed in publisher instead of editor when I first posted this, but an alert reader pointed out my error.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! That was just what I needed to finally cancel my subscription. With all the ex-New York Times reporters at the LA Times, I'm going back to the real New York Times for my news.

Steve Greenberg

Anonymous said...

While I am new to LA from Chicago, it instantly became clear to me that the LA Times completely fails to cover the city like the Chicago Tribune covers the city of Chicago. Why do the people of LA allow this to happen?


David
UCLA2film@Yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

You should get your own reporting correct. It is now nearly 18 hours since this post appeared on your blog and it contains a glaring error for which there is no excuse. Dean Baquet was made editor of the Los Angeles Times, not the publisher. Shame, shame, shame...

Brady Westwater said...

Yes, I did get this WRONG!! And since I knew he was promoted from Mangaqing Editor to Editor - God knows why I typed what I typed!! And thanks for the proof-reading and I will correct the mistake when I get back to my lair. But - one factual error in over one year - not a bad record.